Friday, January 11, 2013

Trapped at Michael's

Not really, but it takes forever to get checked out. I really am not crazy about all standing in one line in a crowded narrow area... not even magazines to flip thru while you're waiting. Just candy. Well, at least in Bellingham.

I was in the neighborhood and decided to peek in. How could I have forgotten the 40% off coupon? ugh.

Anyway, all sorts of things were 80% in bins outside. I found a few items, like mini pointsettia flowers with a bit of gold on them. Too big for 1/2 or 1/4 scale, but I'm sure I can make them fit on 1 inch. Maybe for a swap next winter. There were some Scene-a-Ramas by Woodland Scenics at 75% off, which will make a perfect background for taking pix of stuff for ebay and Listia. I also picked up some erasers, cause I read somewhere there was a use for them :) and finally some ornament pieces that will make great little fairy doors... more about that later.

I needed gold thread and #26 needles. Yikes, only in GOLD. How fancy :)

As I was walking by the scrap booking area, I came across 6x6 inch paper pads from "We R memory keepers". Sadly no discount off the $5.99 but it was worth the price. The patterns on the pages are small, and make perfect wall papers or tiles or .... One of them was the yellow pack "Antique Chic" (there were 3 on display, but I resisted and only got one .... so far). Sorry, if that's all "Old News" for you. For me, it was exciting.

Then I went to find them online at We R on the net and found they have all these cute patterns to download. /me is in mini-heaven.

... and in the end, I forgot the golden glass beads, I wanted to get... oh well.... time to go back on Sunday, with a new 40% off discount.

Tomorrow, I'll tell you about the Fairy Doors ;)

1 comment:

  1. Could you maybe use the mini poinsettias as holders for pillar candles? Clip off or pull out the centre and replace it with the candle. I had some that sound like these a long time ago and the centre just pulled out.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Follow Kundry on Pinterest