Thursday, January 24, 2013

Interference of the Real Life, and this and that

It's a MINI Blog, so I'm not really going to talk much about real life trials and tribulations. Suffice it to say, this one came from left field, unnoticed til it was too late (or almost?) and I had to deal with it, putting mini-making on the back burner.

But I am working on Carrie's swap, and it kills me, I can't post pix until she receives it.<3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As some of you know, I've been on a quest to get myself a type of saw, every 6 year old boy in Germany has. It's a "Laubsäge". People have translated it as Jigsaw, Coping Saw, Jewelry Saw and finally Fret Saw. Problem is, people in hardware stores get glazed-over eyes and have no idea what I am talking about... And Scooter keeps wanting to buy yet another 1-purpose electrically operated behemoth...
THIS is the thing I want... does nobody in the US of A use those???? So, finally I emailed customer service at Micro-Mark, asking if they have one. 20 minutes later I had an answer from them. They don't carry them, sorry, but they included 2 links to companies who do... so, CUDOS, Micro-Mark! You just got a new customer.... though not for a fret saw ;)

In other mini-news....

I was at the grocery store the other day and saw a display of jarred fruit by Polar. Those glass jars had mock handles on the side. I know I've seen that on some marmalade jars, too. For some reason SAUERKRAUT popped into my head. A quarter scale scene in a jar. It really got me excited. *giggles* I remembered how we made sauerkraut at my grandma's when I was a kid, stomping around in the barrel like you see on old pictures of wineries. I've got the whole scene pictured in my head. I've collected inspirational pictures online of old and new barrels, and .... I'll have to put it on the very back burner.

But I love getting ideas again, from rather mundane sources.

PS: our mini mini is doing better. yay for that




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Kundry on Pinterest